Welcome to the SHGAPE Blog
We are the official blog of the Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era. We seek to share public-facing scholarship that furthers dialogue and understanding of U.S. history from 1865 through the 1920s.
We are always open to pitches for new posts. View our contact page for more information on the submission process.
SHGAPE Blog Team
- Chelsea Gibson, SUNY-Binghamton University, Co-Editor-in-Chief
- Laura Crossley, George Mason University, Co-Editor-in-Chief
- Crystal Brandenburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Editor
- Evan Hart, Missouri Western State University, Editor
- Terri Lotti, Georgia Department of Transportation, Cultural Resource Division, Editor
- Lauren MacIvor Thompson, Kennesaw State University, Editor
- James Breen, University of Oregon, Web Editor
- Mark Gibb, University of Georgia, Web Editor
- Kym MacEwan, University of Montana, Minding the GAPE Editor
Get to know the team on our Meet the Editors page.
Since its founding in 1989, the Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (SHGAPE) has fostered knowledge of the history of the United States from the close of the Civil War through World War I.
The Society’s mission is to advance new and innovative scholarship in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (GAPE), to build and cultivate an intellectual community for those interested in the GAPE, and to promote understanding of the GAPE among historians and wider audiences. Learn more about SHGAPE here.
Your donations will help to fund SHGAPE’s award programs, travel grants, publications, and other endeavors. They are also tax-deductible. Please consider making a donation today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
We especially invite you to consider membership, which comes with a subscription to the Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era. Read about membership and benefits here.